Benefits of Membership
Why become a member of The Dog Scene?
Well, first of all it's FREE, so what have you got to lose?!
We try to make sure that all visitors have complete access to most of our features. However, there are some extra benefits that registering as a member gives you...
- You can participate in our Dog Chat Forum and meet new friends, ask questions or offer advice.
- You can see at a glance what listings, advertisements and articles have been added since your last log-in.
- You can subscribe to specific categories so that you are immediately informed by email of any new items that would interest you.
- In your profile area, you can subscribe to be notified of all new additions to The Dog Scene.
- You can submit as many links as you like within the Dog Resources area, and be able to make any amendments or updates yourself.
- Take advantage of our Private Messaging System to contact other members.
So, why NOT become a member?
Code of Ethics
All breeders that are listed/advertise with The Dog Scene agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics and to the minimum set of ethics as outlined by
The Kennel Club
- Breeders shall not act in any way that can be deemed as discreditable or prejudicial to the interests of the canine world.
- Breeders shall at all times maintain the highest possible standard of socialisation, care, health and welfare of all dogs in their charge.
- Breeders shall breed only with bitches and dogs which are, to their knowledge, physically sound, in good health and of a suitable temperament. The Dog Scene recommends that breeders carry out any health screen tests available to their breed on all their breeding stock.
- The age range of both the brood bitch and stud dog, and the frequency of breeding should be within the guidelines set by an appropriate Breed Club. If no such guidelines are available, then breeding should be within the guidelines set by The Kennel Club.
- Breeders shall avoid false advertising or other misrepresentation of dogs for sale
- No breeder shall sell or donate any dog, of whatever age, to a third party, commercial kennel, dealer, wholesaler or retailer, or for experimental or fighting purposes, nor allow any dog or puppy within their charge to become a raffle or competition prize or be sold by auction
- Should the new owner be unable to keep the dog, for whatever reason and at whatever age, the breeder should either take back the dog/s they bred or help the owners place the dog/s in suitable new homes.
- The Dog Scene strongly advise all breeders to complete a contract for any dog, of whatever age, they sell.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Dog Scene.
and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Dog Scene. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, [business name] takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
To have full access to the web site and to make full use of the services offered on the Site you will need to complete our registration process. We collect and store the information that you provide in this registration process, including your IP address. If you send us communications, then we may collect such communications in a file specific to you. We use the information we collect about you as a registered member to build features that we hope will make the web site and its services more attractive and easier for you to use. This may include better customer support, timely notices of new services and content better suited to your interests. We will not share member information with any third party without your permission, although we may need to disclose member information to law enforcement or other government officials if appropriate for your protection or in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or other members to legal liability.
Control of your password
We do not try to control, and disclaim responsibility for, information provided by other Members or third parties that is made available through our web site. Such information may contain errors, intentional or otherwise, or may be offensive, inappropriate or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabelled or deceptively labelled.
When you visit our site we will be able to identify you from the log-in information. In addition, we will collect and store the domain name and host from which you accessed the internet (e.g. freeserve.com), the IP address (a unique identification code for your PC), your browser and operating system, the date and time that you accessed the Site and the internet address of any web site from which you linked directly to our site or to which you link after visiting our Site. We use this information in a number of ways:
- to measure the number of visitors to sections of our Site,
- to determine from where our visitors linked when they entered our Site and to where our visitors link when they leave it,
- to identify you and your submissions to our Site,
- to administer our web Site, and
to help diagnose problems with our server.
This type of information is sometimes aggregated, for example to produce Site traffic statistics, and when aggregated it is sometimes shared with third parties for marketing and commercial purposes. No data relating to an individual will be passed on to third parties.
Our web site contains links to other sites, but we do not pass any information to those sites. The Dog Scene is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these web sites and you should check their privacy policies before sharing any private information with them.
Please remember that our message board is a public forum and any information you share there immediately becomes public information, so be careful about what you disclose.
Merger, asset sales etc.
If The Dog Scene or any of its lines of business is sold, pledged or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets, bankruptcy or otherwise, then the member database of The Dog Scene could be sold as a part of that transaction and all member information accessed by such successor or purchaser.
Submitting to The Dog Scene
By submitting articles, listings or advertising to The Dog Scene, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and Code of Ethics of The Dog Scene.
Members may submit items to the Dog Resources category. All submissions must be approved by the administration before it will show in the listings.
Only members who have "Breeder" Membership may submit items to the Breed Profile pages.
In order to submist a listing, log in and go to the section you require your listing to appear in. Click Submit Listiing in the right hand sidebar and complete the form. Your listing will appear once it has been approved.
Premium Listing - £5.50
For just £5.50 a year you can have a link that stands out above all the others AND include a detailed description for your link AND a photograph or graphic! You will also have your own full page accessible from your links. Unbelievable value not found anywhere else!
When applying for a link, ensure you select "Premium" in the link type. After submitting, please wait - the screen will go to a pause page and will then forward you to the payments page. Once payment is confirmed by The Dog Scene your link will appear in the category selected.
Reciprocal Link - FREE
Have your site listed free - all that is required is a link on your site back to The Dog Scene. This must be placed on your site BEFORE applying for a link and you must enter the full address of the exact page this is on. If our automatic system cannot find the link your application will not be processed.
Please note that reciprical links must be clearly visible on the site you want us to link to. We do not allow third party linking.
Articles - FREE
If you have written an article on dogs that you think our visitors would be interested please feel free to submit it. Once you are logged in simply go to the most appropriate category, and click the Submit Listing. Please ensure that you select Article for submission type. Note that we reserve the right to edit any articles submitted. Articles must NOT include any advertising or links to other sites.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is copyright of The Dog Scene - © TheDogScene 2000 onwards. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Members, Advertisers and Third Parties
- You may not submit illegal content.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any content you submit. Your content may also be reused in different places and/or in different contexts on this website.
- Attempting to flood with many submissions is not allowed, nor are automated submissions are allowed
- Comment posts may not be abusive.
- Usage of the email features may not be abused to attempt to send spam.
- Dog Breeders must agree to and abide by our Code of Ethics